The Hydra Neoprene Drysuit is designed with cold water adventures in mind. With a close-fitting, streamlined style, the Hydra is warm and flexible. High-Density Neoprene (HDN) is used in critical areas throughout the suit. Compressed from 7mm to 4mm, HDN fuses the thermal protection of neoprene with greater consistency of buoyancy throughout the dive. HDN is laminated with hardwearing fabric on the outside for excellent abrasion resistance, and smoother linings on the inside to increase comfort and aid donning.
Supratex linings protect critical wear areas in the crotch and underarms without limiting freedom of movement. Parts of the suit normally exposed to additional abrasions such as shoulders, waist, and knees have a tough Durawear print.
Seams are fused and blindstitched before being taped on the inside and external plasma seams prevent abrasion from your equipment or environment.
Mobility is often the trade-off when opting for neoprene drysuits. The Hydra maximizes this mobility with underarm gussets and the same composite YKK dry-zipper used in the Argonaut drysuit which is much
more flexible and lighter in weight than the traditional brass zips. Our experience has shown that these zips if looked after properly,
will give extended, excellent performance.
Our 4mm compressed neoprene dryboots are fitted as standard. With double layer reinforcement, good grip, and our ergonomic footbed, these boots are comfortable and reliable.
Fitted with Apollo Bio-Dry inflate and dump valves, the specification of this suit makes it your ideal companion for many cold water adventures.
- 4mm HDN fabric
- Hardwearing outer lining for durability
- Smooth inner lining for comfort
- Close-fitting, streamlined design to minimize air management and maximize mobility
- Neoprene socks with stretch outer and Helioflex thermal inner lining for comfort and versatility
- Neoprene neck seal for durability and additional warmth
- Critical harness-wear areas in crotch and underarms are protected by Supratex linings
- Durawear print protects key areas including waist and shoulders
- Plastic YKK dry-zipper minimizes bulk and weight and ensures maximum freedom of movement
- Fused, blind-stitched and taped seams
- Plasma seams on torso protect seams from abrasion caused by equipment